Spring 2013 weddings color trends for Bridal Jewelry and Bridesmaid Jewelry is forecast to be bright in vibrant colors. The exciting new Pantone color report has been released and it looks like we are in for a treat! I am so in love with many of the new hues and Blue is making a comeback for being an integral part of wedding day color ideas. Once your colors are chosen, you can add in your colorful wedding day jewelry. The last few years brought forth softer palettes of platinum, bronze and bright oranges and pink. This year the colors are softened. I describe them colors of a romantic Victorian flower garden!
I have included some descriptions about the new colors in the original form. Obviously designers will take and create their own hues following this guide. In accordance when choosing jewelry you can refer to the Swarovski Crystal and Pearl color charts to have jewelry and accessories created to match.
1. Monaco Blue – A light Navy blue with rich undertones. Navy has always been a classic color over the years and this new blue gives a warmth to the color.
2. Dusk Blue – A gorgeous “something blue” color that is being added to wedding gowns and accessories this year. It is bold and yet soft enough!
3. Emerald – Many are saying Emerald is the rage for this year. This beautiful deep green color with blue undertones gives a rich splash of color of regal elegance.
4. Grayed Jade – A soft cool green in a myriad of shades. It is truly gorgeous and I have seen Emerald and shade’s of this color mixed together for a fabulous effect.
5.Linen – A beautiful neutral tone between Champagne and Ivory.
6. Poppy Red – A warm red for adding vibrant color. Red always adds the dramatic, whether a red wedding day dress, bridesmaid gowns or for the décor there is an air of elegance with red.
7. African Violet – A Victorian violet color with a soft undertones . I always think of this color palette as romantic colors of classic Victorian times. A perfect color for Spring and summer weddings.
8. Tender Shoots – A very bright green with yellow undertone, perfect as an accent color to add a splash of colour whether by sash trims on dresses to Napkins and flower arrangements.
9. Lemon Zest – A fantastic splash of yellow brings sunshine to the day. This color is bright and zesty!
10. Nectarine – A soft tangerine color which a fun accent color and has lots of shades that are perfect for bridesmaid dresses.
For your bridal jewelry you may wish to add color to your jewelry to match your wedding color theme. My rule of thumb is, if you are going to add color, the add color! For example if you are wearing an ivory wedding dress but you want to add in some bright green, then make sure there is plenty of color added in. This gives a balanced look to your wedding day look and is stunning!
Above photo’s show adding shades of blue and below show the dramatic addition of color in reds and teals. As you can see, it can be fun and the photo’s can turn out amazing with the use of color in your bridal party jewelry designs.
Once you choose your wedding colors, you will be ready to choose your custom bridal and bridesmaid jewelry styles and colors to add that finishing touch to your special wedding day!