Ooh lala! The bridal gowns for 2012 have arrived and here are the Top 10 trends I am seeing for this year. I am super excited with all the sparkle, glamour and sexiness presented by some of the top wedding gown designers. I feel super inspired with my bridal jewelry collections this year with all of the beautiful new wedding gown designs!
1. Capped sleeves are very in this year. I love the artistic use of lace and white stretch mesh materials with embellishments being used to create this effect. I have always thought capped sleeves provide a sexy and elegant look so it is wonderful to see them being used. I really loved this gown by Reem Acra with the lace capped sleeves..
2. Corset style wedding gowns are even more prevalent this year. Designers are offering a multitude of corset style gowns. I love corset style dresses as they are not only slimming and sexy but also allow for a little more latitude for that final fitting. There are styles that can work for everyone, from crystal beaded to sheer and sexy to lace embellished. This beautiful gown by Monique Lhuillier exemplifies that sexy can be mixed with elegant creating a dreamy look.
3. More sparkle! Yes, some are referring to the new crystal beaded dresses as the “disco sparkle gowns”. Now don’t let that phrase steer you in the wrong direction as these gowns are absolutely glorious and regal in their design. I am all about the sparkle of course. This was one of my favorite gowns by designer Anne Bowen and is found in the language of love collection.
4. Capelets are being added as a way to cover the shoulders. They are an alternative to a shrug and I absolutely love this vintage feel this look offers. Capelets were popular in the 1950’s and even going back into the 1800’s. This dress with capelet is by designer Elizabeth Fillmore and was one of my favorite looks. Of course I am always drawn to the vintage elegant romantic look.
5. Designers have been also creating wedding gowns that have sheer materials with crystal and beaded embellishments which create a beautiful visual illusion. Here is a gorgeous designer gown by Marcheesa that adds subtle embellishments to the neckline which creates a very unique effect.
6. Deep V necklines for front and back continue to be a favorite. This year many designers have taken the plunge even lower.
7. Lace details and overlays continue to always be a classic favorite and adds the romantic touch. I love the deep V cut on this Jim Hjelm bridal gown. The lace embellishments give a dreamy look to this dress.
8. The use of fringe is a new twist for adding fun movement and also a vintage look this year. Fringe is being used as an overlay over fabric and also free flowing as you see in this beautiful gown by designer Pnina Tornia. This dress has so much sparkle and movement in real life. I love it!
9. Color also seems to be coming back in the form of Taupe, Tans and Blush colors. I absolutely am in love with with beautiful Vera Wang Hayden gown which has soft taupe tones and amazing design details. The dress floats effortlessly.
10. Lastly, high slits are definitely being seen this year in straight style flared gowns and also in full ball room style bridal gowns. You are able to choose from nay of the designers as to how high you would like the slit. I love the sleek elegant lines of this Maggie Sottero gown.
I hope you have become even more inspired as you search for your perfect bridal gown. The options are endless and the search for your perfect gown can be a fun experience.
Every year I continue to be amazed and delighted by the creativity and new fresh ideas the designers bring forth in their bridal gown designs. This year I am especially energized by the romantic and vintage influenced designs presented in a contemporary look. They inspire me as I continue to create wedding jewelry designs for my brides to accent and match their exquisite gowns perfectly. This gives me great bliss!