I am asked quite often by brides about how to add in "something blue" to their accessories. This originates from an old poem "Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed and Something Blue. It is thought if you carry or wear something from these four categories that they will be good luck tokens for a long and happy marriage. Before the 19th Century, brides often wore blue gowns as a symbol of their love, modesty, and fidelity. My favorite color is blue and wearing blue is thought to also provide mental clarity and peacefulness and harmony. Wearing blue on your wedding day is thought to bring you good luck!
There are so many ways you can incorporate your something blue into your wedding attire. Here are some ideas to hopefully inspire you to add in your own something blue that is all about you.
- Wear a sexy leg garter that has blue lace accents.
- Wear a something blue anklet that has blue crystals or pearls.
- Add a blue sash to your wedding gown
- Add blue to your flower bouquet by adding in hydrangeas or a ribbon accent.
- Wear Blue shoes
- Add in Light Sapphire Blue or Lavendar Blue crystals to your hair pins.
- Add in a touch of blue crystals with pearls to your wedding tiara
- Wear Light blue sexy underwear.
- Paint your toenails in blue polish.
- Wear accessories that have blue added.
- Wear a barrette with blue added accents.
- Add a blue crystal headband.
- Have your crystal flower bouquet created with Blue crystals.
- Tie a piece of blue lace to your garter.
- Wear a gown with blue embroidery.
Here are some picture ideas to get you started thinking about how to incorporate your something blue in such a way that is personal to you! These are accessories that my brides have had created for their wedding day.
Above is a Swarovski crystal necklace, bracelet and earring set which was a beautiful accent for one of my brides ivory silk gowns, This added not only the color but sparkle to her look.
Here is another fun way to add in blue to your bracelet and earring set by blending clear and light sapphire crystals.
Something blue headband with Light sapphire Swarovski crystals.
Something blue side hair combs with Sapphire and Crystal Moonlight crystals.
Sapphire blue Swarovski crystal chandelier earrings.
Something Blue Swarovski crystal and pearl choker for a renaissance look.
Choose your colors for your something blue anklet
There truly are so many ways to incorporate something blue into your wedding day and hopefully have inspired you with lots of ideas. Now it is just a matter of adding that something blue in that suits your personal style. Whether it is hidden from view or seen boldly by others, the secret is you will know that you are wearing your blue for good luck!